This past month and a half we have been doing some gardening on the side of the house. This all evolved when we went to Pop's house on March 15th and the whole family planted the garden. We had a great time! Then weekly we would go over and see what was happening, take pictures, do a little weeding, etc. We planted our own garden starting on March 28th. On some weekends now we have been tied up with our own grass pulling, watering, etc and sometimes are unable to get to Pop's to see what was growing over there. I do have to say that the squash and collards they have grown over there have been delicious! Their garden has grown so much that it takes an army to keep up with eating the crops! I have posted some pictures of Pop's garden.
Our garden has been coming along. I believe Pop's soil is extremely rich and that is why his has done so well. Maybe God is teaching us some patience with ours. Anyway it has been fun. These past few weeks we have also planted some flowers (hopefully the full sun won't kill them) and have observed some new birds along with having a strawberry plant. When I bought one of these I thought of my friend Sandra who had one in the past. Here are a few pictures of the new growth for a new season.
Dated May 3rd. Start of week 6. Our garden.
One of our tomato plants.
Strawberry plant.
Peach tree with lots of peaches!
Momma bird with baby birds on April 28th, 2009.




No comments:
Post a Comment