Tuesday, February 10, 2009

GRACE

Today I decided to watch the sermon Fruitcake and Ice Cream by Louie Giglio again. It is one of my favorites that he does. This one deals with grace and I thought with all the prayer requests that I have received from friends and family that I wanted to share what God said through Louie. Another similar DVD is Hope When Life Hurts the Most. It tells a similar message, but goes further. Please watch if you have never seen them.
Some of the points Louie brought up were:


  • Grace is God at work

  • Jesus Christ gave his life at the cross for the sins of the earth

  • Grace is God doing something for us that we can't do for ourselves

  • God is a loving and forgiving God

  • Jesus Christ took care of everything on the cross

  • I want grace, I get it, and I see it

The scriptures that Louie talked about are below:


If we are out of our mind, it is for the sake of God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ , he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.


2 Corinthians 5:13-21

I liked the way Louie explained the first verse above so that I could understand it better.

If we are out of our mind, it is for the sake of God: Meaning- we can act crazy and on fire for God and God knows it is because He is so awesome and there is reason to celebrate.

If we are in our right mind, it is for you: Meaning-we act more reserved when we are with unbelievers and so we can spread the message of Christ in a more simplified way so that unbelievers don't think we are crazy! At least until they see what we see and then we can all act CRAZY FOR GOD:)

The greatest song that goes along with this is below: Mighty To Save

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I love that message too! It's funny- I gave a friend of mine the "How Great is Our God" DVD by Louie a couple days ago and he LOVED IT! Louie's messages are so relevant and amazing!