Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Pep Talk

Today while I was waiting on the girls to finish volleyball camp at Webber International University I took the time to read an incredible book that I was unable to put down. I am not one of those reader type people, but this book hooked me from the start. This book was how a team was given a "pep talk" and all the neat things that occurred afterwards. I don't want to give the story away! Some of the things that really caught me were:


  1. IN ORDER TO WIN AT ANYTHING, THE WINNING MUST START IN YOUR HEAD.

  2. THIS IS MY DAY AND I WILL MAKE THE MOST OF IT.

  3. I WILL BRING THE BEST OF ME, EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

  4. YOU CAN CONTROL WHAT'S GOING ON IN YOUR MIND.

  5. NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER...

  6. YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU SET YOUR MIND ON DOING.

  7. IT'S NOT ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU'VE ACCUMULATED, BUT WHAT YOU'VE DONE FOR OTHERS.

  8. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.

  9. LISTENING IS A FORM OF SHOWING PEOPLE RESPECT.

  10. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH ENTHUSIASTIC PEOPLE.

  11. "Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

  12. "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe." John 20:29

  13. "Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

  14. "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

  15. Something to be said about this Mr. Christopher. I believe it was God-inspired!


No comments: